The Christmas season seems to come earlier and earlier each year. My personal opinion is that the holiday season should start at the end of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade when Santa comes out. But maybe, because there are so many wonderful things to do in New York City during the holidays, I can let it start a little earlier. And so I give you, my Holiday To-Do List in NYC for 2010.
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular – the dance show starring The Rockettes has been around for 75 years – I’m wondering if my mom-mom has ever seen it…she has lots of stories about her visits to NYC as a girl. Emily and I just bought tickets for next Thursday. I hadn’t really paid much attention to it until last year at Christmas, Uncle Jeff and I watched a couple minutes of it and I decided I needed to go see it this year. Also, this woman on the subway today randomly decided to start talking to me about it. I’m taking that as a sign.
- Ice Skating – I’ve only been ice skating a few times and all I remember is falling a lot. I’d like to attempt this again, now that I have learned a little bit of balance from having to ride the subway everyday. There are a bunch of options in the city, including The Ice Rink at Rockefeller Center, Central Park’s Wollman Rink, and The Pond at Bryant Park.
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – Nicole and I are going to try to go this on Tuesday, November 30th. It’s going to be really crowded, but maybe we will be able to watch it from one of our friend’s offices…hint hint you know who you are.
- Make a snowman in Central Park – this will, unfortunately, be quite difficult because of my pure hatred for snow. But my guess is that Central Park will be so beautiful covered in white powder that I won’t be able to complain.Study all the Holiday window displays on Fifth Avenue – suggested visits in “The Best Things to Do in New York” include Macy’s “Miracle on 34th Street”-themed windows, Lord & Taylor (the first department store to have themed Christmas windows), Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, and Barney’s (typically designed by Simon Doonan who I have seen on the streets in Soho multiple times).
- Get a frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity
Alrightie, so who wants to join me? And do you have more suggestions?
[…] I was able to knock yet another item off my 26 list. This item was also actually on my Holiday To-Do List (President’s Day counts as a holiday, right?!) AND my NYC To-Do List – is that […]
[…] in front of strangers (lol) and 2) go ice skating – which, if you remember, is also on *my* holiday to-do list. Unfortunately, neither of these goals was achieved. Bobby respectfully refused to repropose […]
[…] can stay away for as long as it wants to. The only reason I need it at all is because it is on my to-do list to build a snowman in Central […]
[…] of the top things on my NYC To-Do list (not to be confused with my Holiday To-Do List in NYC for 2010, my 26 things to do before I turn 26 list, or my rappers I’d like to face in a freestyle […]