Happy Memorial Day, folks!
Now that summer has (un)officially begun, I wanted to share some of my favorite summer-related posts from the archives of this blog. I hope you will put some of these on your summer to-do lists. I have a pretty packed summer weekend-wise, but I still hope to have a few weekends where I can enjoy all the wonderful things that summer brings to New York and I should have plenty of time after work this season as well. I also have a few items on my 28 Things list that *have* to be done in the summer due to the weather or to when things are open. Stay tuned for those.
In the meantime, remember when I wrote about…
- How fun drinking on and around boats is? I’ve already been to the Boat Basin once this year (for my birthday) and the Frying Pan multiple times. Here’s a teaser, I will be writing about boats again someday very soon.
- How much I am obsessed with Shake Shack? Of course, in the summer weather, the best location remains Madison Square Park. Do it, and do it a lot, and follow my tips.
- How I love biergartens? I’ve already been to the Standard Biergarten twice this year (although once was in January) and I tried to go a third time but it was closed for a Fleet Week event.
- How I went to the Hamptons, Darling? I won’t be going this year but I’m still saving up all my extra dough for the house I will one day own “out East”. You are all invited.
- How I rented a bike and rode it all around town? This summer, the city’s bike-share program is starting and I seriously have been so excited it’s almost as if I’m this kid and I just learned how to ride for the first time.
- How Kat and I ate a truckful of barbecue food and enjoyed the festival at the Big Apple BBQ last year? This year’s BBQ is the weekend of June 9th and 10th so if you can make it, you totally should.
- How much fun baseball games are? I’ve only been to one so far this year, but I *did* get to meet Mr. Met in the Spring, so that should count for something:
- How amazing Central Park is? CP continues to blow my mind and it’s making it very hard for me to move too far downtown because I really want to stay best friends with it. Also, this was my first post on my blog so please read and be nostalgic with me.
Hope to see you all this summer!
Erin, thanks so much for being a loyal guest of Shake Shack. Our team can't wait to see you again soon – no better place than the Shack on warm summer nights!
-Brandy, Shake Shack
[…] Summer To-Dos […]